There are many people and countries that use music as an adjunct to other therapies. I particularly like a lot and practice this technique.
Music therapy helps to calm and integrate the activities of the nervous system. Listening to music and participating in it rhythmically through song and dance Tenson relaxes the physical and psychological. The music is carefully selected to suit each patient for some soft music and live music to others. Nervous and emotional disorders respond well to music therapy.
Painting is another art therapy may help cure mental problems and that, like musical expression, actively relaxes to anyone who engages in it as a leisure activity.
I invite you to try this therapy to get relaxation!
Who has not felt a different person listening to your favorite tune and who has not been isolated completely from the world around them while enjoying a good song. That music is the art that captivates most people is something already fully recognized, but is also a tool to improve the behavior of animals or plants to grow is something that leaves us amazed.
And the music is more than considered harmonic sounds for humans, and that if only enough were simple sounds with any rhythmic noise to involve people in that different world when it is obvious that it is not. Much of the music known to have a cadence and even monotonous pace does not mean that is of lower quality, only that is different from the music lacks, as it somehow beat.
So great is the influence of music on the majority of living beings (no other art possesses this quality so strongly), which has been used both to enhance the aggressiveness of the individual and to reassure them, the same way that we can use to fall asleep , relax, stimulate or concentrate. Everything depends on the type of music and the time to listen.
The same music is used for a religious ceremony to have fun, enjoy, isolated, or as a prelude to lovemaking. This we know as prestigious philosophers like Aristotle and Plato, who around the year 300 BC often used music to support his lectures at the Lyceum in Athens. And these two philosophers, especially Aristotle even more clearly understood that they were the natural sounds that could influence only in humans (wind, waves, the silence of the night), but the harmonics we now know as music were far more powerful to change the behavior and character.
We use music for any kind of learning, as well as to improve behavior problems, improve the character, increase the affection between persons of the same social group and strengthen the intellectual faculties of the mentally handicapped. At this point no one doubts the opposite effect as it has a soft music, melodious, in relation to another rhythm or “cod”. Not that this should be considered as a pejorative for one or another, the truth is that while soft music can lead to harmony and relaxation, the other generated movements, enthusiasm and aggressiveness. It is easier to organize a violent rampage at a rock concert in a concert of classical music. We might think that it is the music itself but the type of person who goes to one or another audience, or more precisely the age, but the fact is that today is just as easy to see young people listening to music by Chopin that Ketama or Sting. What determines the behavior is the kind of music and not the age of the listener.
So important is the music for the character development of people has been proven that even the effect of musical sounds in the child’s development while in the womb. By simple measurement with ultrasound and stethoscopes in mothers who heard different kinds of music, it was found that, while classical music produced slow movements of the child and no alteration of your brain and circulatory steady, rock music caused him twitching and increased your heart rate. This effect is also noticeable even when the child was born if he returned to hear the same music, showing clearly that rock music excitement and irritability made him even at low volume.
Does this mean that rock music is bad and the classic good? Not exactly, because what has been demonstrated with this is that it modifies the behavior and wisely applied over and over, at the right time, can influence the conduct and character of people.
The music should be used under three parameters:
· Cadence or rhythm.
· Intensity or volume.
· Frequency or position of the staff.
We know that the high notes, sharp, act preferentially on muscle contractures, spread rapidly in space even over short distances, strongly act on the nervous system, constitute a warning signal and increased reflections at the same time to help us or wake us out of a state of fatigue or drowsiness. As a negative factor there is the fact that the ear is particularly sensitive to them and if they are very intense and prolonged can damage it, as well as its effect on the nervous system may cause some loss of control and changes in nerve impulses that become uncontrolled.
The bass notes, bass, they seem to have influence on the nerve endings and its effect is more mechanical, so they have more influence on the hollow body parts such as lungs, heart and abdomen, perhaps because they are ideal places for the resonances . The bass notes are perceived wrong over short distances, so its immediate effect is difficult to measure, but are able to be audible for miles around. Its mechanical effect is so powerful that can crack walls, roads, land, and act with intense vibratory effect on any solid body. Therapeutically effects tend to produce dark, pessimistic about the future and extremely quiet.
The cadence of musical notes, high or low, is the second most important factor and so we must, while the slow rhythms induce peace and meditation, the fastest movement and invite externalize feelings.
The third and final element is the current musical, which has undoubtedly taken a preponderance in our century perhaps even more than the other two, because of the extraordinary development of powerful sound equipment. Any of the other two effects, timing and frequency, effects much smaller than the volume level to the point that a note or score that is soothing in itself can become irritating if the volume is higher than what that person can support.
Specific applications of music
These are some of the utilities that music therapy has for the human being:
· The singing lessons for children under three years will improve their concept of space and time.
· The brain development of children who listen to lullabies is much better.
· Children who listen to classical music thrive manual skills.
· The melodic teens who listen to music when they study have a better understanding of mathematics and science.
· In adults it is useful for psychosomatic disorders such as peptic ulcer, tachycardia, and asthma.
· The soft music, slow, produces a stimulating effect on depressed people.
· People with phobias manic or better with upbeat music, lively.
· The music heard in the group is more effective than solo, at least for mental illness.
· It produces an instant improvement in stress and anxiety.
· It is also very positive for cases of poor social relationships.
· The mentally retarded, physically handicapped, autistic children and those with deep brain disorders benefit greatly from the sessions with music.
· It also has positive effects for improving reading and writing.
· The other dance and music expressions help to improve our physical condition better and less tired than without it.
· The critically ill patients benefit greatly from it and assimilate better fate.
· The beneficial effects have been found to relieve the pain of childbirth and encourage expansion.
· The sophrology is a great help with the music, like most relaxation techniques.
· Sing suitable we can raise our mystical conception of life.
· Most religious rituals need music as an aid to meditation.
· To release emotions is better to sing or perform a musical instrument to hear it.